Student news

Interim Principal's message to students

Picture of Kayee Chan
Interim Principal's message to students
by Kayee Chan - Friday, 26 January 2018, 12:07 PM

Dear students

Following the recent review of our College by the Further Education Commission team, KCC’s Chair and I met with the FE Commissioner team yesterday to received feedback.

We await  the FE Commissioner’s written report but I can inform you that we have had a verbal recommendation to re-run a Structure & Prospects Appraisal and to select a merger partner and that this process should be Commissioner-led.    The Commissioners believe a merger represents the way forward and they do not anticipate any scenario which leaves KCC as a standalone entity. 

A new Structure and Prospects Appraisal and merger process means that we need to put in place our own leadership and management arrangements to take us up to a merger which might not take place until the end of 2018.

The Board of governors, which includes our two student governors, are meeting on the 5th February to review the current position and agree the way forward.  

Rest assured that your studies will not be interrupted and I will keep you informed of changes over the coming weeks.

Best wishes
Elaine McMahon
Interim Principal/CEO