Student news

Message on behalf of the Interim Principal

Picture of Ian Wilson
Message on behalf of the Interim Principal
by Ian Wilson - Tuesday, 20 February 2018, 3:34 PM

A welcome is extended to our new Principal and Chief Executive, Andy Cole, who takes up his post on the 26th February.  Andy will be in College on Thursday and Friday this week to conduct a handover with myself and to start to meet his new colleagues and students.

The appointment of the new Principal/CEO was made by representatives of the Board of Governors who were unanimous in their decision.   Andy Cole will provide strong leadership to KCC over the coming months using his extensive relevant experience in the FE sector in London.  From the attached profile you will see that Andy has a degree in Fine Art and his background is in curriculum and quality with strong financial leadership and management and experience of how good MIS can help a college improve performance. 

Please see the message sent from Andy:

I am delighted to be joining Kensington & Chelsea College and look forward to working with you all as we continue the quality improvement journey the college has been on and to secure the long-term future for education and training in both North Kensington and Chelsea.

I will try to meet as many of you as possible in the coming weeks, starting on Thursday when I will join some of you at the Open Day event at the Chelsea Centre.  If you see me around the college please feel free to introduce yourself.”

My very best wishes for the future to everyone at KCC.

Elaine McMahon

Dr Elaine McMahon CBE | Interim Principal and CEO | Kensington and Chelsea College | Tel: 020 7573 5239